Yummy crunchy garlic croutons are easy to make at home. You can toast them in an oven or crisp them in a large skillet on the stove.
6 slices organic whole grain bread, cubed
3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 large garlic clove, finely minced
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place bread in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, add the oil and lightly sauté the garlic. Do not brown.
4. Drizzle the oil over the breadcrumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Spread single layer on a sheet pan and bake until crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.